We are a small family run construction firm based in Ipswich.
We are looking to recruit a Contracts Manager who will be responsible for delivering the projects of both the Construction department and the Small works department to the satisfaction of all parties, ensuring the triple constraints of cost, time and quality are met.
The Contracts Manager must lead, organise, direct and control the operational team to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Oversee the delivery of all projects in both construction department and small works department ensuring all projects are planned, executed and closed.
- Monitor the performance of both the construction department and small works department and take corrective action when needed to ensure all projects are delivered to the customers specification on time and within budget
- Direct management of all contract management and material buying staff
- Develop a close relationship with the commercial staff to ensure all variations are priced.
- Management and allocation of project resources – Site managers and tradesmen
- Anticipate, propose and manage changes to support processes and systems
- Oversee and Co-ordinate monthly job review meetings
- Produce an audit report of each project and chair an audit review meeting
- Work within the delivery team to further develop their skills and competencies.
- Develop a strong relationship with clients to facilitate a long term working relationship
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients and architects to facilitate a long term working relationship.
- Ensure the company fully complies with all current Building, Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation.
- Maximise all value engineering opportunities, this will include working with the Estimating team to find cost advantages at tender stage.
The individual should:
- Hold the SMSTS qualification
- Hold the first aid at work qualification
- Be able to demonstrate at least 5 years’ experience in a construction management role
- Be proficient in the use of IT software packages such as Office, Excel and Word.
- Be a team player
- Have good organisational skills
Ability to work to deadlines
- Have good problem solving skills
- Be an excellent communicator
- Hold a full driving license
Please write in with CV to 30 Wharfedale Road, Ipswich, IP1 4JP or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Needhams is an equal opportunities employer